Wedding tips for the day
Just came back from a wedding. Attended it as a guest. Thought I'd share the following points before hitting the sack… It was memorable...
Today's tips for a great evening wedding; think about lots of music and fantastic company of loved ones:
* 4 piece jazz ensemble (or any other program) during cocktail reception (possible with the help of friends and family if cost is an issue)
* Lots of dance space and great music during cocktail reception (top that with enthusiastic guests and lively children)
* Good crowd control
* Good hotel service staff
* Interesting program during the dinner. No straightforward programs with the conventional speeches please
* Tons of involvement from friends and family:
- Love song dedication with live singing;
- Sizzling salsa party made up of bridesmaids;
- No-holds-barred narration of the couple's love story by couple or their close friends and family (of course, some form of discretion has to be exercised);
- Games and such with guests as game-masters and the newly-wed as players;
- Pick out or make up at least 4 traditional marriage rituals and go through all of them during the night.
More tips in future entries.
Most important tip of all … Tons and tons of interaction, spontaneity, laughter and love!
Over and out…